Welfare Benefits Advice

Do you need help with benefits or tax credits? Citizens Advice Powys can advise you. We can help with Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefits, Disability Living Allowance and much more.

We will be able to give you practical help by helping you work out your entitlement to benefits, help you fill in the appropriate forms, write reviews and if needed appeal letters.

Our team of specialist welfare benefits advisers will be able to assist you with whatever advice you need.

We can provide welfare benefits advice either by telephone, or face to face appointment at locations throughout Powys. 

To make an appointment please telephone 0345 601 8421 Mon, Tues & Thurs 9am to 3pm

What our clients have said:

         [ “I can never fill in forms, thank you.” - After being made redundant the client was assisted in making a claim for Job Seekers Allowance and is now in receipt of              £73.10 per week.

[ I couldn’t understand what the Universal Credit people wanted. Now I understand.” - The client is single, pregnant and living with family. Following a welfare benefits check we assisted the client to claim Universal Credit; she is now in receipt of £249 per month.

[ I didn’t realise how much information was needed to go on a Personal Independence Payments claim form, thank you. You have been an absolute star.” - The client, who has various health problems, was assisted with a claim for Personal Independence Payments Standard Care and Enhanced Mobility and is now in receipt of £112.55 per week.